Software Developer (Milton Keynes office)
Summary of position:
To develop and maintain software to compliment the company’s range of systems. To contribute to the design and innovation of new software solutions.
- Under limited supervision, design, develop, maintain, and troubleshoot PC application software.
- Realize and present the high complexity design of new software on approval of specifications and carry out high complexity maintenance of existing software.
- Collaborate with product testing team to conduct program testing.
- Provide technical support for planning and implementing software modules.
- Seek the best solutions for integrating physical concepts with application software.
- Develop instrumentation control, data analysis and other software in accordance with the Company Quality Standards.
- Design and implement modern user interfaces for Microsoft Windows and other platforms where required to meet product sales and marketing objectives.
- Maintain change records, secure versioning, source control and backups of software development work.
- Liaise with instrument hardware and firmware development team members on project specifications, development and fault-finding.
- Evaluate & test third party software development tools for suitability, quality, value for money and compatibility.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer, software or electrical engineering
- Three to six years of relevant experience.
- Good knowledge of Windows application development in C # and C ++ (with MFC)
- Extensive experience of User Interface design and implementation
- Windows Forms and/or WPF developer
- Experience with XML / XAML / Database Connectors
- Experience of Latest tools and technologies (Including MS Visual Studio)
- Easy to communicate and work in a team.
- Rigorous and anxious for a job well done.
- Good technical ability.
- Ability to work on time and meet deadlines.
- Ability to deal with complex systemic issues.
- Ability to debug and solve complex programming problems.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities at once.
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees within the Company.
- Experience in implementing user-interface applications.
- Experience with the Visual Studio Unit Test Suite
- Knowledge of Design Patterns