Mechanical Technician / Engineer (Milton Keynes)
Main Purpose of Job:
To mechanically prepare, assemble, test and repair a range of equipment. To prepare BOMs, ERP system input and update, 3D CAD mechanical design, ability to use workshop instrument to make small one off parts, conduct engineering checks on mechanical designs and drawing.
Responsible to Product Design & Development
Liaison with: Production operatives and Internal departments
- Work as part of the Production Team to achieve Production Targets and KPIs
- Communicate effectively with all Company Departments to efficiently control supplies.
- To prepare component parts for assembly using tools such as vertical bandsaw, cordless drills and bench grinding wheels.
- Responsible for DCR-DCNs (Design Change Request and Note)
- Ensure compliance with relevant standards
- Contribute design ideas and guidance
- Check 3D models and 2D drawings for accuracy, completeness and adherence to best practices
- Research and investigate new materials and production processes
- Produce and modify 3D models and 2D drawings when required
- Knowledge of Solid Edge and Solid Works 3D CAD software
- Support the testing of new design prototypes
- Liaise with production staff to resolve build issues
- Contribute towards the innovation culture within TSC
- To carry out complete mechanical assembly of various models to completion.
- To fully test and complete documentation to required level for each assembly
- To assist with any engineering change notices for the update or design modification of range
- To be available for overtime working when required
- Involvement in annual stocktakes
- Ensure that Company Quality Policy and Procedures are applied at all times
- Ensure that Company Health & Safety Policy and Procedures are applied at all times
- Self-enthusiasm to keep up personal education and development up to date in line with current requirements
- Any other duties as required by the Production Manager.
GCSE’s grade C or above in Mathematics, science and English
On the job training will be given for the assembly techniques but the experience below will be advantageous.
Working in a mechanical workshop/manufacturing environment
Working with power tools such as cordless drill/pillar drill/bench grinder (abrasive wheels)
- Commercially minded
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interface with people at all levels
- Highly motivated and flexible as overtime is sometime required
- Must be able to work well individually and as part of a team
- Must be able to work accurately, efficiently
- Eye for detail
- Familiar with Lean/JIT techniques
- Intermediate level Excel, Word and Outlook
- Arithmetic skills
- Ability to problem solve under pressure and think outside the box
- Good eye sight with or without eyesight correction
- Position will require some manual lifting
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the Company and the overall business objectives of the Company.